Sunday, March 30, 2008

BlackJack and Video Poker

After having a few drinks with friends at Luxor, a group of us went to MGM to play some Blackjack. We played for about a half hour at MGM where I was betting $100-$300. In that half hour we had some goods decks with good counts and I was able to walk away up $1005.

Next we headed to New York/ New York for a little more Blackjack. We had a fun table with some great dealers and good cocktail service. I started off losing here but finally climbed out of the hole playing mainly $100 or $200 bets. I called it quits around 2am with a $340 profit for this stop.

By this point I was pretty drunbk and grabbed a taxi back to Caesar's. While walking to my room I unfortunately had to pass the High Limit Slot area. In a drunken stupor I began playing a $5 triple play video poker machine and since I wasn't fast enough I moved to the $25 machine next to it. A $25 video poker machine is way out of my league. My bankroll can definitely not support the big bankroll swings. I played the 9/6 jacks or better game and the 8/5 Bonus poker game and lost very quickly. The best hand I hit was one Full House. I stumbled out of this area after about 45 minutes down $6200. I really wanted to kick myself this morning when I realized that it had been Sunday morning when I lost it. Once again, I seem to lose big every Sunday and I hadn't planned on playing at all on Sunday's for a while.

Daily Result: -$4,855
Year to Date: +$37,365

No comments: