Saturday, March 29, 2008

Back on the Las Vegas Strip


The night started at Treasure Island where I had $230 in free play to collect. I lost that on the $1 10-play video poker and proceeded to put in another $900. After about 45 minutes I gave up and collected a $750 ticket.


The next stop was the MGM for some double deck Blackjack with good rules. This is one of the few places where you can still find a decent double deck game. The first couple of hours the deck was terribly negative. I believe I only had three times where I had a +3 or greater true count. I was mainly flat betting $100 (table minimum) while waiting for some good counts. I would press up to $200 when the count went positive and $300 when it got to +3 or better.


Finally, after 3 hours I had a +9 true count and put out a $500 bet. I was concerned when the first card was a 5 against the dealer 9, but the second card also being a 5 improved my moral. I doubled down and won with my 20 against the dealer 19.


After 3 hours I quit with a small $250 profit. I went back to Caesar's Palace and played a little 8/5 Bonus Poker. I was in $400 when it dealt me 4 Aces for a $2000 handpay. I quit a few minutes later with a $1600 profit.


Daily Result: +$1,700

Year to Date: +$42,220


1 comment:

Lyle 'The Orracle' Orr said...

Hey - at least you had a good time. I am headed to Vegas for my first solo trip on 4/21. I have some relatives coming but not staying with me or anything. I expect nothing but drunkeness and VP.

I plan to stop at a couple of the smaller places you visit to see them if nothing else. I can't wait!
Lyle