Friday, January 18, 2008

A little blackjack




I visited the MGM Grand for the first time in probably three months to play some Blackjack.

I had about $800 in my pocket so I began playing for $50 a hand. The table I was at was a full table and played rather slowly but was pretty entertaining. A couple of the guys were in from Maine and telling horror stories about the snow.


I played for abou 90 minutes spreading my bet from $25 to $100 depending on the deck composition. I was ahead $400 until my last hand where I bet $50 and was dealt two sevens against a dealer four. I split the sevens getting a two on one hand and a four on the other hand. I doubled down on both hands resulting in a 19 and an 18. The dealer flips over a ten for a total of 14 and pulls a six for a 20. I lose both hands and decide it is about time to leave.


Daily Result: +$200

Year to Date: +$2,900


No comments: