Thursday, January 31, 2008

Downtown and Yorky's

I got called downtown last night to go to the El Cortez to help resolve a problem they were having. It took about fifteen minutes to identify and resolve the problem. When finished I decided to take a little stroll around downtown Las Vegas.

After wandering around the Fremont Street Experience and watching some acrobats perform I had had enough and decided to head back to the car. But First, I had to stop off at Mermaids for the 99 cent Deep Fried Twinkie. Hopefully you know me well enough by now to know I wouldn't actually eat one of these, but they sure make for a disgusting picture. Upon enter Mermaids I see a guy half sprawled on the floor and half between two slot machines with a couple of attendents holding him. Of course my first thought was just another downtown druken bum being held until the police arrive, but fortunately it was even better. Apparently this guy was having a seizure and the attendants were holding him so he wouldn't hurt himself (very commendable for someone that makes minimum wage). Then the thought hits me, I will give 10 to 1 odds that this guy just ate the 99 cent Deep Fried Twinkie. Here is a picture of that culinary delight:


After leaving downtown I decided to stop at Yorky's becuase I recently heard that they have some of the video poker games I like. This brief stop cost me $2,000 but I did get one wild royal jackpot (pictured below). It turns out they are doing a promotion that any jackpot gives a three day bounceback voucher that is suppossed to average $200. This is a fantastic player promotion even though it is limited to one per player per day.

I have one more day to improve my first months results, hopefully tomorrow will bring some luck.


Daily Result: -$2,000
Year to Date: -$950

No comments: