Tuesday, January 1, 2008

I hope the whole year doesn't go like this.

I ended up 2-2 on my bowl bets today for a net loss of $20. In my infinite wisdom I decided to go to Rae's, a neighborhood bar, to watch the first half of the Sugar Bowl. Poor decision. They have Bonus Deuces wild games that pay back 100.35% + 0.10% in cash back. These are great games that can be found in a few bars in Las Vegas.

Some people would be happy playing a video poker game with a small edge, but I absolutely hate playing video poker because it bores the hell out of me. So why did I play? These particular games are available in a $5 denomination where you can play ten coins per play. At $50 a hand these games become a little more interesting because hitting four deuces pays $10,000 and a Royal Flush pays $50,000. It is very rare to find 100%+ video poker in high denominations, so I like to take a stab a couple of times a week.

Today was a quick disaster. I lost $2500 in 45 minutes with coin in of only $12,000 and not a single win larger than a straight flush.

Hence, I decided to come home to watch the second half of the football game.

Year to date: -$2520

No comments: