Thursday, January 3, 2008

January 3rd

No gambling yesterday, hence no blog update yesterday.

Today started out good. I went out for my morning coffee at Putter's Bar and Grill, pushed a $20 into the $1 Double Double game with a progressive jackpot at $10,018. On the second hand I hit four 7's for $250. Play for a few more minutes and cash out $240.

After work I stopped for a cold one and visited friends at another Putter's. Played a few hands of video Blackjack. This is a terrible blackjack game where the Blackjack pays even money (2.27% house advanage). I fed a few twenty's into the machine and lost playing $10 a hand. Put a $100 bill in and played $20 a hand. Had a little luck and cashed out $250 for a $50 profit. After a few more beers I put another $20 and played $10 a hand. I do this about every time I go into this bar. My goal is just to turn that $20 into $50 and cash out. Ended up putting $60 in and cashed out for $90.

Decided to go to Green Valley Ranch to cash my two winning sports bets from Jan. 1st. I collected $420 and headed straight over to the $1 10/6 Double Double video poker games. These games return just over 100% with proper play. I fed in $100 bill after $100 bill until my four $100 bills I just collected were gone. Not a single four of a kind and very few Full Houses or Flushes. I am a very stubborn and competetive person so I couldn't walk away from a 100% game without hitting anything. I went to the ATM to get some more money and proceeded to chase my losses until I was in $1300. Fortunately it dealt me Four 2's with an Ace four a $800 win. With this hit my credi meter read $905 so I played one more hand and lost. I cashed out a ticket for $900 and called it a night.

Day's results were +$300 at Putter's and -$400 at Green Valley Ranch for a net loss of $100.

Year to date: -$2620

No comments: