Thursday, February 7, 2008

I got stupid today

Today I had a dinner meeting scheduled at the Wynn for 6:00. I got there early at about 4:30 and decided to kill a little time on the Five Play poker machines. These machines have both 9/6 Jacks of Better (99.5%) and 9/6 Double Double at 99%.

I started playing on the $1 denomination betting five hands at five coins per hand ($25 a hand). Before I knew it I was down about $300 when I realized i was on the Double Double game instead if the Jacks game. Instead of changing games I decided to continue on this game hoping to hit a Bonus four of a kind to dig out of the hole (This was really foolish and not something I normally do). Before I know it I am in $1500 before I hit a few good quads and got ahead $500. Normally I wouldn't be playing a 99% game at these stakes unless I was trying to accomplish some goal (maybe a tournament invite or some special complimentaries). Foolishly I lost most of it back and cashed out at $500.

I still had about 2o minutes before my meeting so I jumped on a Blackjack table and lost $470.





Daily result: -$1,470
Year to date: +$56,482




No comments: