Monday, April 14, 2008

A slow week

I haven't posted in a week because I have done very little gambling.

Over the course of the last week I did manage to lose about $410 playing video poker and video blackjack at my Putter's watering holes. Fortunately for me, and unfortunate for my liver and kidney (yes, I only have one left), I consumed many hundreds of dollars worth of booze.

On Saturday I played some online Texas Hold'em for about five hours. I was mainly playing two and three tables of $2-$4 No Limit. These games have a max buyin of $400 and a lot of poor players on the weekends. During the week there seems to be a lot more pros hunting for a lot fewer fish. I still had about $1800 in my account when I started and I began playing two tables at once.

The game started very bad for me. In the first hour I was up about $100 when I get a playable hand at each table. I don't remember the exact details but those two hands cost me $850. One hand I just played poorly and lost but the other hand I took a bad beat. I was dealt Ace King and made a standard raise ($16) from early position. The player on the button raised me $25 more. I called and saw a flop of A K 7. I checked and he bet $50. I raise to $150 and he went all in. I called. The turn was a jack and the river was a Queen. He won with a straight while holding Ace Ten. That pot cost me about $490.

Over the next four hours I played three tables and was lucky to run into some really poor players. I finshed up with a $950 win for the day.

Weekly Result: +540
Year to Date: +$33,725

No comments: